"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..." (Matthew 28:19-20)

Monday, January 16, 2012

A Week of Weeks!

Liebe Familie und Freunde:

First, Friday night I was getting in bed and it was dark and I couldn't see, but had to go to the bathroom... and the door was half-way open, but I didn't know it. So, naturally, I walked right smack into the door frame! So I received a new Native American name: Fat Lip Big Knee. Don't worry, everything is back to normal now :-)

I wish I had the time to explain all the wonderful things that happened this week, all the experiences of growth and stretching, and mostly, the feelings of my heart. This week has been a really special week- one of coming much closer to the Lord, one of hope and faith, one of trust. I know that God is my Father and His Son is Jesus Christ, our Savior. I know They appeared to the boy Joseph Smith and called him as a prophet! He used the power of God to translate the Book of Mormon, that powerful witness of Jesus Christ that is true word of God! His Church, run with His power, is on the earth, His kingdom restored and growing. I know it, but only through the power of the Holy Ghost, independent of any other person.

How grateful I am!

Love you all!
--
Elder Nathan D. Garlick
German Frankfurt Mission
"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?" D&C 128:22


No comments:

Post a Comment