"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..." (Matthew 28:19-20)

Monday, July 2, 2012

Hot Sauce, Hot Days, The Work is going on!


Leibe Familie und Freunde:

Wow- what a week! SO much has happened.. sorry for not sending a real email last week! But all is going well- my stomach is still churnning from last night.. we went to the Petzold's for  grill and they had some hot sauce there... ya, what's the big deal, right? Well, this hot sauce is called "Mega Death Sauce, with liquid rage"..... Elder Walker took a tiny bit and tried it. He said it was super spicy and burned his whole mouth. I din't think it could be that bad.. so he challenged me... I put a big clump on a piece of bread and ate it... holy smokes! That was the spiciest thing I have ever eaten! It started as a warm burn to the mouth, then it got worse, then the sweat came, then my face turned red, then the tears came.... chek out the pictures :-) It was so funny! We all had a good laugh, and I learned that when something says "Mega Death Sauce" on it, or when my companion warns me not to eat it, to probably not to eat it.

The Petzolds are doing so great! She was called as the activity planner for Relief society, and Benjamin will receive the Aaronic Priesthood next week. Their family is so great! It really is neat to see the conversion from the start to where it is now- fully committed ready and willing to help.

Fabian is from Afrika and loves coming to church! He travels 1 and a half hours to get here, and we talked last week about baptism. He says "I want to do the thing with the water!" Come to find out that the city he lives in is in Paderborn's area. There aren't missionaries there right now, so the Elders from Unna will be working with him in the coming weeks. Fabian doesn't really mind which ward he is in, and with which missionaries. He feels the Book of Mormon is true and the church is true- and that's enough.

We are heading down to Frankfurt this week. We will be there for the 4th of July. President has planned a Berg Predig (SErmon on the Mount) where we will go to a mountain/castle and learn from him. Then we will have an old classic 4th of July grill :-) I love America. I love Germany. I love the spirit of the Lord that oversteps any national or political boundaries. The Spirit of God is the Spirit of LIverty and Freedom. WE can choose our personal freedom and liberty. I am so grateful for a land that still supports the idea of choosing for ourselves. I hope it may always stay so.

I have been studying a bit lately about our Potential. Who we are, and who we are to become. I a so grateful for the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price, in addition to the Bible. With all these standard works, we really know who we are and what our future has in store for the righteous. One of my favorites: Psalms 82:6, "Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High." And when Christ taught the Nephites in the Book of Mormon to "be ye therefore perfect", He wasn't taunting or teasing us... He was giving us an actual glimpse into what we can become- after receiving knowledge and eperience here a little there a little, line upon line. I am so grateful to remember the covenants I have made by baptism, the Priesthood and the temple. These covenants really have openend my eyes to who I am and the little things I need to consistently do in order to reach my potential.

I am so grateful to be here. Recently, I have felt stirred to recommit myself to give all I have to build the kingdom of God on the Earth. That's one of the reasons we are here, as Brgham Young taught. Having excperiences like the Petzold story, learning so much from leaders and companions, getting punched in the face, and feeling the spirit guide and direct what we should say and do, really is motivation to want me to do this the rest of my life! I know it is true. This Church is the Lord's. I am behind it 100%. I know Joseph was a prophet and we are led by a prophet today. That is so important. The heavens aren't closed, His words never cease.

Enjoy life! And don't eat anything with "liquid rage" inside of it :-)

Ich hab' euch viel lieb!

Tschüß!
Elder Garlick

No comments:

Post a Comment