"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..." (Matthew 28:19-20)

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Road Trip!



Elder Penfold! What a great friend! He is from the Birmingham area in England, and we got on great right from the start! He is more quiet and reserved than Elder Walker, but we have already seen miracles together in receiving revelation for the Zone and how to help the work of the Lord progress. He fits right in, and we are having a jolly good time... it's just smashing! :-) AND he brought double-stuf Oreo's up from the military area he was last in. He really has his focus on serving others, and spiritually strengthening everyone he meets. I am so grateful the Lord brought him up to Dortmund with me.




ROAD TRIP! I haven't had a bus trip since high school band, so a lot of memories came flooding back... but this time, the bus trip wasn't to a competition or concert... we were heading to Hamburg to see the Prophet of God! 


AND THEN IT HAPPENED! We came into Hamburg. There was such a neat feel on the Bus; we all knew our end destination was to see the Prophet and listen to his words. We got out of the bus and walked up to the big sports hall. Then I hear, "No Way, Elder Garlick!" I turn around and see Elder Frame, a great missionary friend from my MTC district! I didn't realize that there would be a chance of seeing missionaries in the Berlin mission... but we were in Hamburg! It was so great to see him and to catch up a bit from the last 2 years! Then he brought me in... Elder Blauer! How cool! I was feeling like Alma 17:2-3 live and in person... I haven't seen these missionaries for nearly two years, but I felt we had stronger connections and relationships than ever before! They were all still my brethren in the Lord. I was just walking on clouds! We entered the hall, and walked down the stairs.. then comes Elder Walter- that hug nearly broke my back! It was such a sweet reunion! What a great friend and a great example to me! I saw Elder Patterson next, and was so grateful to the Lord for the opportunity to see these great friends again. All four of the Berlin missionaries in my MTC District were there. And Elders Lloyd, Elmer, Price, Voran, and many others from the MTC. What a HUGE blessing from the Lord! I will never forget that experience! And it is going to be so great to connect again with Elder Walter at BYU and the others at their schools when we are all back. But for now, just being with them was such a blessing, and I love them and the Lord even more from these few minutes together!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment